Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radiosport RS60CF with M208 Mic. Element Equalizer Settings

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

GM Flexradio,

I operated this past weekend the ARRL DX SSB Contest with my Radiosport headset and my Flex 6400m I had very good results from the contest. I did find out last night that there is a profile built in for the Radiosport with the M208 Element. I did load that and there were no problems with that. I must be honest in that the only time I operate SSB is during a contest. I am not a rag chewer as they say. I did go in and looked at the metering to find a Microphone level that wouldn't overdrive the transceiver. Plus adjusting the Setting for DX or DX Plus. I had mine on DX. And did adjust the TX Equalizer for good settings.

I have heard that the 8 band W2IHY Equalizer is a good unit. And it seems very easy to connect to my 6400M. But like I say, I really don't know if I would need to invest $300 plus dollars just for an external equalizer for just Contest SSB Activity. I would like to know if there is a way that one can monitor their SSB Audio that is going out into the radio? I have tried with the Radio on Monitor and my voice sounds clear, but not sure if that is what those on the bands are hearing. Yes, I have tried Full Duplex. But either I am not doing it the right way, or whatever. I did try it, but there seemed to be a lot of latency where I would talk and it would take a second or so before I would hear my Voice. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mark, using full duplex is the right thing to do. I use the record button on the receive slice. Then I am not trying to talk and listen at the same time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.