Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

extra slice after digi tx

After making a digital transmission the SmartSDR software opens a new slice 5 megs up and gives the TX to the new slice. What am I doing wrong?

SmartSDR v3.2.39

Best Answer

• Doug Evans
    Doug Evans Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I found the problems. In both digital softwares I had selected a Flex6500DV rig profile. When I selected just a generic "Flex" profile the problems went away.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Doug K3DRE

Answers

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭

I'm only speculating, but if you are using digital FM you may have accidently selected the "Split" button in the A-Slice. That would open a transmit (TX) 5 MHz up.

73 - J.C. W4QK

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭

Correction to my last post. I tried the spilt function my on my 6400M and in FM it opens the TX 10 MHz up. Sorry for the confusion.

J.C.

• Doug Evans
    Doug Evans Member ✭✭

And I am using HF USB transmissions with no split turned on.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Doug, what software are you running? I wonder if the digital SW is trying to do something on your behalf.

Does this happen reliably when you transmit, or just sometimes? If it is a sporadic thing, I would start to suspect RFI. If it always happens, I would start with the digital SW.

• Doug Evans
    Doug Evans Member ✭✭

It happens all the time. On both MARS digital and FLDIGI. It worked before the radio went out for service.

On any HF freq and only after the tx has completed, then the new slice shows up with the TX flag set to the new slice.

Nothing was changed except the radio had an SD card failure and an internal dc failure to only the processor board.

I have not done another factory restart after the radio came back.

Have never had RFI problems here.

Thanks, Doug K3DRE

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Doug, The factory reset (after saving profiles) is the next thing to try. If that doesn't fix it, it is probably time to submit a helpdesk ticket.

• Doug Evans
    Doug Evans Member ✭✭

I found the problem. I had selected a "Flex6500DV" profile in the digital software. When I changed to a generic "Flex" profile in the rig section, the problem went away.

Thanks,

Doug

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.