Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What do you recommend? See below

Options
I will be receiving the 6400M today. And I plan to video some of the initial stages of setting up the transceiver. The video will not be about opening the box. I have about 40K subscribers on YouTube and it should draw an audience. I have been active/licensed since 1964 but this type of transceiver is an enigma. I sold some Elecraft gear in order to make the purchase. My question is: What would be the most helpful for me to show in the video during the initial stages of setting up the transceiver? That may be a poorly worded question. I am looking forward to receiving the transceiver but have trepidation as might be expected. My very close friend A71AM is going to be helping me. Thank you and 73, Jim Heath W6LG
Tagged:

Answers

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim, good morning and thanks for your Youtube posts. I enjoy your level-headed approach to the productions that you do. Having no experience on the video production side, I recommend looking at some other videos that cover setting up the 6000 series radios such as Put the FLEX-6500 On The Air - YouTube . Though not the same as your 6400M, the format might be helpful to you.

73, Jeff KT5N

• Jimw6lg
    Jimw6lg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment. Honestly, I don't watch other's videos because I don't want to copy what they do. Right now I am making a conversion cable from my standard mic, an old Astatic 10da (not the same as a D104) to the small stereo plug. I am listening to EU guys in the contest well over S9 at sunrise. Thanks Jeff, nice to hear from you. Fedex is due before lunch. 73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.