Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turn on the Expert 1k-fa in remote...

Steph
Steph Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have a cord that connects my 1k-fa expert to the USB connector and the RCA-TX1 socket on the Flex-6600M.
When I'm remote, I can't turn on the amp using the 'Expert Console' because from it, there are only 6 ports (COM1 to COM6) available.
The ports created by SmartCAT are all on top and there doesn't seem to be a way to change the port number.
Do you have any idea how to do this?

73 de Steph, F5NZY.

Best Answer

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You need a second cable, a serial cable from the RS232 port on the expert to the PC using either a on board serial port or you can use a FTDI usb to serial cable. What ever that com port number is will be the correct com port for the Expert Console Software configuration.

Answers

• Steph
    Steph Member ✭✭
    Thanks Larry.
    I have another TRX that I use in remote with the remoterig boxes.
    The RS232 port on the Expert 1k-fa is already connected to a COM port on the remoterig box.
    Do you think I can put a splitter?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

Not sure

of which version of remote rig you have but it supports the 1k-fa. Wondering why you can not control it with remote rig?

• Steph
    Steph Member ✭✭
    Hi Larry,
    The problem is solved.
    I connected the Linear directly to the PC as you told me and with the Expert Console interface, I can easily manage the PA on the remote site.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.