Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro-Its been reported that Maestro needs to run or charge every 30 days

Craig Kolk
Craig Kolk Member ✭✭

Mentioned in some reviews of the Maestro, people report that if you dont run or charge your Maestro every 30 days, the internal battery goes flat, and you must send the Maestro back to flex for repair.

Could this be true?

Craig

W1ZN

Best Answer

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Craig I would not stay away from the Version A. I had very good service from mine. Most of the time...when people had issues...and I say most...the Maestro was placed on a self...the user would take it down after several months expecting it to work and the internal battery had died...the key is just use it time to time.

Ronald

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Craig I have owned Version A and Version B Maestro. Version A really needs to be used once a month to keep the internal battery charged. This issue was addressed and corrected in the Version B model. I would not recommend letting the Maestro sit for an extended time without being plugged in....just my 2 cents...BTW I was very pleased with both versions....

Version A the power button is on top and Version B the power button is on the left side. Hope this helps.

Ronald

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Wrong. Only on the original Maestro Rev. A is a dead internal Dell Tablet battery possible. It happened to me when I was inactive for 8 months and had it disconnected. There is a procedure to charge it. Not very difficult at all. See this forum discussion:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004514391-Manually-Re-charging-the-Maestro-A-Internal-Battery

Bill, NE1B

• Craig Kolk
    Craig Kolk Member ✭✭

Thank you Bill,

Craig W1ZN

• Craig Kolk
    Craig Kolk Member ✭✭

Thank you Ronald. I think I will stay away from Model A.

Craig

W1ZN

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I have had my Model A version for a very long time and it is a VERY small task to take it from my case and plug in the +12V supply and charge once a month, I have also heard of the Version B Batteries swelling and messing up the display so take it for what it's worth they both have one problem or another.

I also modified my Maestro A and brought out the charge cable out to the external battery case so if I need to charge the tablet battery when it get's to low it is easily done by plugging a 5 Volt charger directly into the tablet so no problem even if it doesn't get charged every 30 days I just thew the old 2 Amp microUSB charger on it over night and swap cables back and away I go. Oh I can also plug it into my external battery pack 2A USB charge port with my Modification and have it charge the internal battery if I am out in the field and run into issues.

• Craig Kolk
    Craig Kolk Member ✭✭

Thank you for all those details.

Craig

W1ZN

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I still use my Maestro A every day and I got it the first week it was shipped about 2014.

If you can find an A, buy it and use it.

• Craig Kolk
    Craig Kolk Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing that great experience.

73, Craig

W1ZN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.