Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT and Tuner Timeout Persistence?

Options

I've started getting timeouts on tune and mox on all bands. Usually about 10-20 seconds. I tried a new profile and setting the timeout in TX settings and reset the profiles but the problem persists.

Am I going to have to reset to factory settings?

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• Doug Wilson
    Doug Wilson Member ✭✭
    Options

More information, I'm using SmartControl and SmartSDR.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can you post a video at all?

Is this on a local connection or via SmartLink?

If local, are you using WiFi?

It sounds like a loss of network communications, but it is hard to tell at this point.

• Doug Wilson
    Doug Wilson Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m using SmartControl on a lan with ethernet. I performed a factory reset and the problem is fixed. I have no idea how the ptt timeout persistence was set. Seems to me this should be a ‘hard’ setting. It was behaving just as described. Mox or tune would dropout without my intervention after about 10-20 seconds.

• Doug Wilson
    Doug Wilson Member ✭✭
    Options

I see PTT timeout is a persistence setting. How does that get set? Does it change each time I transmit? Is it the last longest transmission?

Thanks,

Doug

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is set in the "Radio Setup" menu in the main SmartSDR window, in the TX tab. It is the second selection in the right-hand column, labeled "Timeout(min):".

73, Craig KØCF

• Doug Wilson
    Doug Wilson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. That was set to 0. I tried to set it higher but it made no difference. I think I found the problem. It's my network. I'm using SmartControl and SmartSDR and the lan cable is going through a house wiring ethernet connector. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it's working fine now. Mike had it right. I'm going to get going on running cat5 the long haul to the router.

73, Doug N1KB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.