Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer Setup with Slice Master

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Third-Party Software

Good Evening,

I have Slice Master installed and also the IQ Stream for Slice A in DAX. When I bring up CW Skimmer, but it will not show the frequency that is on my 6400M. I have been looking for something written that would tell me the settings within CW Skimmer for it to communicate with my 6400M. Also, what settings are necessary for Slice Master. I also know that I could use SDR Bridge. Can anyone offer any advice on where I can find a document that will help me to set this up?

Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

I just activated SDR Bridge, and now CW Skimmer gives me the frequency that is on the radio. Plus the spots are showing up on the screen of my 6400M. Why is this working in SDR Bridge, but Slice Master doesn't for some reason?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Are you maybe bringing up CW Skimmer manually? In Slice Master, set it to launch Skimmer on mode. When you put the radio in CW, SM will launch Skimmer with the correct settings including frequency. When you leave CW, SM will close the instance(s) of Skimmer.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Erik,

I was told the Slice Master would be the better choice. Once I bring up Slice Master CW Skimmer automatically uses the right settings. And I did set it to start on mode. Thanks for the advice. I had great results with my 6400M with the ARRL DX CW Contest this past weekend.

Mark KB3Z

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I setup CW Skimmer using SDR Bridge and it works fine. When I try to use SliceMaster with it set to start CW Skimmer on "mode", CW Skimmer starts up, displays "-12.00" in the display windows and then shuts down. I am not sure what needs to be done to get SliceMaster working with CW Skimmer. The IQ stream is active. It is like CW Skimmer through SliceMaster does not see the IQ Stream.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.