Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Announcements from Hamcation from flex was on Hamcation website.

Options

Any videos or anyone want ti give any info on product improvements or equipment new product line

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think there wasn't any announcements planned.

Wishful thinking that there would be any. Between parts shortages and FRS not concentrating on SmartSDR in quite some time, I wouldn't look for anything new for quite some time, if ever. I personally think, that improvements in basic features in SmartSDR for example, have either been moved to the back burner or, abandoned altogether. The most likely thing to happen, if at all, concerning SmartSDR, would be a paid for, full version upgrade to generate some income for FRS. New features , maybe integrating some digital modes like FT8 and others without using 3rd party software, would be the next big thing for a full version upgrade. And given their track record, none of the long list of fixes from the " We hear you " survey, from a few years ago, will be addressed, much less implemented for current versions of SmartSDR. Basic features like an all mode Squelch, working Automatic Notch Filter, and many other things that users requested in the survey, will remain as they are, incomplete.

Tough thing to think about. But, given the lack of communication and openness regarding future development of SmartSDR, there's no other logical conclusion one can draw.

James

WD5GWY

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's probably safe to say that enough time and version upgrade cycles have gone by to allow FRS to assess how much they stand to profit from a new SSDR version, vs how much it will cost them to create a new version of SmartSDR. Perhaps FRS has come to the realization that the costs involved to update SSDR to v4.x is not worth the costs that go into their programming efforts and testing. This may be why we have only seen maintenance upgrades to V2.x and V3.x.

Gerald mentioned in a past Flex Insider that their commerical efforts would eventually trickle down to their amateur side. Hopefully that eventually comes to pass. The last Insider I received was back in December 2020, almost 2 years ago. Hopefully FRS will eventually sent out a company update.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If digital modes or other features are added, I trust they would be available on the front screens of M models.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I can expand on this a bit. I apologize, as it is a bit boilerplate.

We have a policy of not announcing anything until we know we can actually deliver it to the consumer. This means that it is almost ready to go and we have a solid idea of the delivery window.

Now, thanks to the variability of parts, not only in quantity but lead time and even long-term availability, it has turned a lot of projects into long-term projects at times. A good example of this is the Maestro project. Every month, something changes. It is frustrating for us as well as we would love to be shipping these out every day. And, for those of you that have an order in place, we thank you for your patience.

However, we endeavor to be here every day for you and stay in contact to answer any questions you have and if required, to get the right subject matter expert to provide you with the details.

The good news is that FRS continues to grow and hire very talented staff, which is a great indication of company health.

We know we are behind on our Insider and we continue to put together one and get it out to the users.

You can always ask questions here, or if you want it to be less public, you can always email us at info@flexradio.com.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.