Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem retrieving current CWX macros

Using Flexlib, my program can set a new value for a CWX macro by using the radio.GetCWX.SetMacro function and the new macro is displayed by the CWX Setup panel and it works when the corresponding PF key is pressed.

There seem to be two ways to retrieve the current value for a macro. One is to reference the string returned by the radio.GetCWX.GetMacro function specifying the proper index and a return string. The second is to reference the proper element of the array returned by the radio.GetCWX.Macros property. Both ways return the same result.

But I'm having a problem. After I load a global profile (which loads CWX macros) and then subsequently modify one or more macros using radio.GetCWX.SetMacro, I find that a subsequent query (using either method) still returns the obsolete macro that was loaded by the global profile -- even though the macro has really been updated. (The latest macro really is there and is sent by the radio when the corresponding PF key is pressed).

What am I missing to be able to retrieve the current macro(s)?

Second question: what is the radio.SyncCWX property used for? In my case, I find that the current value is True. Is it somehow involved with what I am missing?

Regards,

Howard, K7JNX

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

Good questions. First, what version of SmartSDR are you using? It looks to me like we rely on the status messages coming back from the radio to update the strings in FlexLib. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be happening as expected, but I'm looking into it.

The SyncCWX property is used to ensure that the various CW related settings (WPM, delay, etc) are kept in sync between the regular paddle settings (CW) and the generated CW system (CWX).

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

Looking at this some more, I see the problem you describe on our latest internal code and it looks like a bug to me. I entered this as SMART-8718 CWX: Macro Save doesn't have expected status messages. Thanks for helping identify this!

• Howard  K7JNX
    Howard K7JNX Member ✭✭

Thanks for responding, Eric. It is SSDR v3.2.39 - I should have mentioned that.

Is there any hope this might be fixed soon? I'm writing an interface to Touch Portal to handle CWX activities.

• Howard  K7JNX
    Howard K7JNX Member ✭✭

Two years later, what's the status of SMART-8718?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.