Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV Waveform Issue

K2MO
K2MO Member ✭✭
All:

I keep getting the "No FreeDV Slice" message whenever I launch the FreeDV waveform and the FDV mode selection does not appear. I have version FreeDV v1.0.5 installed and I was wondering if there might be an update?

The rig is a Flex 6600M running SmartSDR v3.1.12
The PC OS is Windows 10 / 64.

Any suggestions?

73, Tony

Answers

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

I am trying to run FreeDV 1.6 and I have exactly the same issue as Tony.

FreeDV 1.6

Smart SDR 3.2.39

73, Bob, KN4HH

• Dave KC9EI
    Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭

yep.. me too.

I went to a seminar at Pacificon this weekend where one of the presentations was FreeDV. I was told everything was there and ready to go.

Not so much . sorry.

• fkf
    fkf Member ✭✭

I just tried and installed FreeDV 1.05 and got the same message : No FreeDV Slice, although the FDV appears in the slice mode panel.

I'm running FlexRADIO 6400 and SmartSDR v2.7.6

Any updates in the meantime?

73 de DJ6CF, Friredrich

• K5AJR
    K5AJR Member
    no fix i am having same problem
  • Rick_KJ5WO
    Rick_KJ5WO Member ✭✭

Same problem here.

Flex 6400M, SSDR V3.3.33.

Hopefully a programmer will take pity on us and help us out!

73's Rick KJ5WO

• Rick_KJ5WO
    Rick_KJ5WO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Make sure your using the FreeDV app in windows not the SmartSDR FreeDV installer once you have got the waveform plugin from Flex and ran it. Look for it in the installed apps listing. It has a blue icon not the red one. I was making this mistake and it wasn't clear.

• Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭

As Rick said, use the App from freedv.org. The waveform from FLEX does not work at this time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.