Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can someone tell me what type of switch is the Power Switch on the Flex 5000a

adr
adr Member
edited February 2022 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Can someone tell me what type of switch is the Power Switch on the Flex 5000a

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Here is a link to the Flex 5000 service manual. I believe it has a list of parts. Hopefully this will help.

https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/flex-5000-service-manual/

• adr
    adr Member
    [{"insert":"thank you for responding I have a service manual and a parts list but it doesn't tell you what type of switch\nLike a on-off or a momentry switch. I need to replace it. no one near me wants to have anything to do with it.\nThank you again for the info I wont be buying ant more Flex equipment they take your money and only supply\nonly half of what you pay fore and don't reply to any Emails.\nKind Regards\nDoug vk3awo. \n"}]
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

Try a help desk ticket

• adr
    adr Member
    [{"insert":"Thanks for comment,that was a complete waste of time.they said it was too old and proberley wouldn't have the parts.\n\n\nKind Regards\nDoug Vk3awo\n"}]
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

It looks like DigiKey has it.

K5V1BU43T C&K | Switches | DigiKey

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

With old equipment sometimes a fellow ham has a parts only radio on the shelf with a part you are looking for.

I have also removed a bad switch and was able to repair it if you are handy.

As a last resort you could hardwire the switch and use an external switch.

Does any of the others on this blog have a parts radio that can help?

if you have removed the switch can you post a picture? May help

Bill W9JJB

• N0DFF  Steve
    N0DFF Steve Member ✭✭

Troy Radio Service supports the legacy Flex products.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.