Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

INTERFACE mldx and macssdr

Options
K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭

I am using a 2021 macbook air M1 (mba) with monterey 1tb ssd and 16gb ram..nice little machine

it easily runs macssdr

radio is flex 6600m.

what i need to accomplish is to have mldx see macssdr

so i am using multiflex with macssdr so the 6600m is split between

main screen on 6600m and macssdr.

mldx always defaults to the main and no way i am i able to make mldx select macssdr

even when running mldx on same machine as macssdr

as side

...i am able to run four slices in mba

and

with xdax/xcat i can run four instance of wsjtx-FT8 and jtbridge

and

all ft8 contacts get properly logged to mldx

thanks

Paul K3SF

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

well aftersome experimentation, i finally figured out how to force mldx to see macssdr on my mbair M1

step one...force macssdr to use all slices (aka 6600m resources ) and disocnnect the front panel a ssdr gui. this makes mldx only see macssdr as valid gui for the 6600m (see mba8 pic)

now able to selectmabook air gui of macssdr

before that macbookair was not an option to be selected inside mldx at all

there was a hint in mldx manual that mldx looks for a valid ssdr gui to connect to

so once i forced only and only one gui to be macssdr, then mldx added it to its list

hope this help other who want mldx connected to macssdr for logging and for using mldx cluster/spots panels

Paul K3SF