Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No sound from SSDR - Windows 11

Hi all,

I have been working mostly on FT8 last week. Now at weekend is a contest on CW and thought I would join. To my surprise I hear nothing from SSDR. Headphones or PC speakers. However PC sound is doing fine in any other application. A week ago I was working on CW. I believe there were no Windows updates in between or major driver changes here.

All settings seems to be in line with what has been previously suggested here in the Community. I have restarted the radio. Nothin' ! I am going slightly mad here :-).

Any ideas? Appreciate it.

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

First idea is to confirm windoz speakers are the default sound device? Also, headphones are plugged into the back of the radio?

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes speakers are default playback device. All apps send out sound fine to the speakers except SSDR.

No. At this point no Headphones connected even I have tested this too.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Do you have a powered speaker (usb/battery/ac) to plug into the back of the radio? Is PC audio on or off? CW pitch set to 600? Just guessing.

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Hi John,

Thank for your persistance :-)

I have nailed down. I was using a USB powered speaker. For some reason ceased to function with SSDR even everything else was OK. I plugged in the back of PC my old trusted Bose Companion 2 and ....it works!

Headphones are working too.

Appreciate your help!

73 from Bavaria

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.