Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is anyone out there running SDR on a Windows Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11???

Options
Mark
Mark Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hello everyone,

I attempted to install SDR on the latest version of Windows OS (11) and a fairly current i7 processor. Simply right? Flagship product on flagship OS/processor .... should be a no brainer right? Nope.

I have heard this should work but I can't seem to get it working. One of the more persistent issues is a warning message from the "Program Compatibility Assistant" complaining about the micaudiodax.sys driver. There seems to be more..... for example no real-time display.....

Suggestions?

Thanks all!!!!

Answers

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mark,

I am running SSDR v3.2.39 on a Ryzen 5600 PC with W11 64 Bit. I had no issues installing and no warning messages from the very beginning. It is a Gigabyte MB. SSDR running smooth. As well all apps as Slice-Master and FRStack. You should probably update all drivers (CPU, Chipset etc) before installing SSDR. However this is what I did.

• Mark
    Mark Member ✭✭
    Options

Nice system! I did run the Intel driver updater and it loaded all the latest drivers. No joy.

Continue to get the "driver cannot load" message.... but I suspect there is a second issue.... because none of the graphics are working despite the new drivers.

Mark

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options

I assume the graphics trouble you are having is a frozen pana-fall display as discussed in this thread. No Waterfall & Pan Display but everything else OK on brand new HP Win10 LT - Page 2 — FlexRadio Community

I have had trouble getting the drivers to stick with that Intel tool, manually check the version of your Iris XE graphics driver and make sure it is version 30.0.100.9667 or later. (See screen shot below). If not, manually download the drivers and install them. Or you can use the Tim Ellison provided registry entries that will disable hardware acceleration for the SmartSDR app (and other apps that use WPF). Also pasted below.

This issue is specific to the Intel CPUs with the onboard IrisXE GPU. Should not be an issue with AMD CPUs or other GPUs.

Ted, WR4T

Below are the registry commands for disabling hardware acceleration and re-enabling when a fix is available.

Copy and paste the following into the Command Prompt with administrator rights and press the Enter/Return key.

reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1

To re-enable:

Copy and paste the following into the Command Prompt with administrator rights and press the Enter/Return key.

reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration

Tim Ellison, W4TME

Customer Experience Manager"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.