Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM Logger+ Update 1.0.9429 (February 1, 2022)

An update to N1MM Logger + was released on February 1, 2022. This update added a feature that is of interest to the FlexRadio community.

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/n1mm-logger-update-1-0-9429-february-1-2022/

"added capability to connect to a radio using TCP, rather than a COM port. Select "TCP" for the port and enter the TCP/IP address and IP port in the Configurer. This has been tested with using the Mac version of SmartSDR(Flex), and with an Elecraft K4. "

I tried setting the IP address of the radio from the Settings | Radio Setup | Network tab but that didn't work. I tried 127.0.0.1:5002 which is the setting in WSJT-X but that didn't work either.

Any ideas what IP address and port I should be using?

Thanks and 73
Jon, W0AMT
Tagged:

Best Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Jon,

This feature in N1MM+ is designed to interact with CAT commands over TCP. Your second guess is a TCP CAT port defined in SSDR CAT and that's the right one to use.

Unfortunately, all of the kinks have not been worked out of the N1MM+ implementation just yet. I've reported the bug to the N1MM+ developer and have been answering questions and giving access to my radio. They seem very interested in getting this fixed.

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Jon,

For your testing with 127.0.0.1:5002, make sure that SSDR CAT is running and that WSJT-x (or anything else) is using that port. I've noticed that sometimes it does work with N1MM+. The problem I am seeing is that it doesnt always work or doesnt keep working.

--Don

Answers

• W0AMT
    W0AMT Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll keep checking as N1MM updates are released.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.