Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

two slices on CW Skimmer at the same time

I have a 6700 and use it on FT8 with Slicemaster often on several slices at the same time... when using CW Skimmer I open slice A and it works fine DAX shoes both IQ streams correctly but when I launch B slice in Slicemaster by mode CW Skimmer comes up and then immediately disconnects.... Is it not [possible to run two instances of CWSkimmer at the same time on different bands??

Tnx bc

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi bc, I assume that you have two panadapters open and a slice open in each. The DAX button on the panadapters need to be on and different (e.g. first panadapter on DAX channel 1, second on 2).

The DAX channel on each slice should match the corresponding DAX channel on its panadapter.

If you are using SliceMaster, use the CW Skimmer launch window to turn on the Skimmer for each slice. If DAX is set properly but there is no Skimmer running, use the launcher to turn it off and back on.

Hopefully, this will help.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭

That is exactly what I do.. but when I launch the second CW Skimmer it opens then instantly disconnects... i can close the first and then the second will open but I can not have two open at the same time.. this is version 10.8a Slicemaster

• KD0RC

Oh, I see... I haven't had that problem. You might want to reach out to Don, K1DBO. He really supports SliceMaster well.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Or try using SDR Bridge. I have had no issue running a slice on each of two different panadapter songs different bands. Each panadapter has to have its own DAX IQ channel assigned. The slice DAX has no effect on CW Skimmer. Make sure both DAX IQ channels are enabled in DAV control panel and sample rate matches setup in Skimmer.

Dave wo2x

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Len,

Thanks for the kind words.

...and a minor correction for the record. There's no need for the DAX audio channel to match the DAXIQ channel. The DAX audio channel on the slice doesnt even need to be set at all. All Slice Master needs is for the DAXIQ channel on the panafall to be set and for that DAXIQ channel to enabled in SmartSDR DAX. When set like this Slice Master can launch a CW Skimmer for any or all slices in that panafall. The only restriction for multiple slices on a single panafall is that they all must be "close" to the center of the panafall. The panafall center frequency determines what data gets sent the DAXIQ channel. If you move a slice out of range the associated skimmer wont be able to decode anything until you move it back. This is great for running split from a single panafall.

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Bruce,

Two CW Skimmers should work just fine. You can have as many skimmers as you have slices. Depending on your computer, it might not like it much if you try to run 8 of them, but it does work.

In your case, Slice Master is launching the second CW Skimmer. CW Skimmer is then crashing. The question of course is why? A quick look at your logs might help me to sort it out.

Please send an email to the address you see when Slice Master starts up and we'll get started.

--Don

• KD0RC

Thanks for the clarification Don, I appreciate it!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.