Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio out front speaker 6400M

So I received my 6400M from Martyn Lynch and sons here in the U.K. yesterday and I’m have a couple of issues on initial setting up.

I’m getting no RX audio out of the front speaker please note

VF0 1 knob is not pushed in for mute

the front speaker is enabled in the menu

the VF0 volume slider is turned up

on the pc it’s absolutely fine audio is correct it’s just when using 6400m without the pc

so I’m wondering if I’m missing anything.

The other issue I’m having with WSJIT -x

is when changing band with WSJIT the band is changing to correct band but mode ie DIGIU isn’t and I have to do manually.

Thanks all for any information on these issues

keith

M0PAW

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Hi Keith. I assume you have completely disconnected your pc LAN cable, and you are therefore operating the radio in "operate" mode, and NOT "Smart control" mode. I have just checked with my 6600M and I have noted that I cannot get the front speaker to work if I have the pc LAN operating with SSDR for MAC, UNLESS I enable "BINAURAL AUDIO"as well as Front Speaker. Then everything is hunky-dory.

Free-standing, My rig works just fine with Front speaker enabled and binaural disabled.

Just my thoughts on your problem. I do not use WSJIT so cannot help there.

73 de Mike G4GWH

• Mike Steventon

Correction: On my SSDR for Mac software there is a setting button next to the volume slider at the top. In that setting there is a button to activate that says "USE RADIO OUTPUT INSTEAD OF MAC". If I do that, then audio comes out of the Flex (with front speaker enabled, of course).

Hope you solve your issue!!

Mike 73

• Mike Steventon

......... binaural audio has nothing to do with moving the sound from computer to radio. Sorry!!

• Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭

Thanks for getting back to me Mike I have just checked and even with the RJ 45 disconnected at the Flex I’m still having the same issue it’s very strange for sure I will be using Bose speakers on the flex so it’s not a major issue but I have only just got the radio and for over 3k I want everything to be right for sure.

73 Mike

keith

M0PAW

• Mike Steventon

If it is still troubling you, you could ask for an exchange unit from ML and S. These things are guaranteed for 2 years, so you would have no problem with that. Or, alternatively, you could raise a support ticket with Flex. They are extremely good at their response.

It is a long shot, but maybe you could try re-booting the thing. There is a correct procedure for this, which must be followed exactly. The important bit is to allow the power to sit there for about two minutes, before removing the power for at least 30 seconds, and also allowing two minute of power before hitting the start button. The manual I am sure describes it. Its is after all a "computer" and we all know that sometimes the best thing if the computer freezes you just re-start it and all is well.

Assuming you get it all up to order, you will really appreciate the technology. The capability of the Flex is superb. So glad I chose this path. Super-het is dead, long live SDR!!!

Cheers. Mike.

• Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭

Thanks for the information again Mike yup I’ve already tried the cold boot and Factory reset still the issue remains,

I know how great Flex SDR radios are I had a signature 6500 around 8/9 years ago but stupidly traded it in for a 990 that 6500 would have been valuable today for sure.

Thanks again Mike for taking the time to respond to the post..

best regards

keith

M0PAW

• Hal Massey
    Hal Massey Member ✭✭

Congratulations on your new Flex. On my 6600M there are a few controls that route audio. You probably have checked those but just in case...

Regards

-Hal

• Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭

Yes Hal I’ve tried pretty much everything I raised a support ticket to see if I can resolve it it not I’ll request a new unit as I only got it a couple of days ago.

keith

M0PAW

• Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Thanks for everyone who helped I received a replacement 6400M today.

Keith

M0PAW

• Mike Steventon

Excellent! Enjoy!

73 Mike