Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rx A and rx B

GM7PBB
GM7PBB Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi. I have a 6700, now when I put an RX antenna to port "RX-A in" it works fine, good signal etc but if I change the same RX antenna to port "RX-B in" and select RX-B the received signal is very low and just hear from it. very odd.

Thanks
John GM7PBB

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, do you have the RF Gain, Audio Gain and AGC-T set the same in B as you have in A?

• GM7PBB
    GM7PBB Member ✭✭
    Hi Ken. Yes I made sure both were set the same, if I turn the rf gain up to +40 on the RX B I get a low signal but nothing like RX A is. its as if RX B is deaf, even the transverter port woks perfect.

Thanks.
  • GM7PBB
    GM7PBB Member ✭✭
    I meant Len :-)
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, No worries, I get Ken, Glen, Ben... 😀

It sounds like a problem with the radio. I would submit a helpdesk ticket.

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭

What was the outcome of this issue ??

It would be good to know and great knowledge for the Forum and others to see.

Thanks

Karl.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

John - I'm not sure if this has a bearing on your question, but if you have your internal ATU engaged this might answer your question. Take a look at the Flex 6700 block diagram on page 40 of the Flex-6000 Hardware Reference Manual This diagram shows the common switch connection on the RX A Out switch routing back make a connection before the ATU, in other words the RXA connection runs through the ATU. Now follow the connection from the RX B Out common switch and you'll notice it does not go through the ATU, but rather goes directly to the ANT2 Relay.

If your internal ATU is engaged perhaps this is why you are noticing lower signal on RX B. (Of course if your internal ATU in in the bypass mode, there shouldn't be a difference.)

Butch, KF4HR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.