Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I set up PC audio on the Flex 1500 running PowerSDR 2.7.2?

I'm running a legacy Flex 1500 with Power SDR 2.7.2, and everything works fine including WSJTX for FT8 via VAC. SSB works great through the hand mic and speakers plugged into the 1500, however I cannot find the button I've seen referred to in Power SDR that would allow me to select PC audio as an alternative to the hand mic and the speaker presently connected to the phone jack on the 1500. I wish to be able to configure the 1500 to work from a remote PC, and of course this requires having the 1500 operate using the Power SDR PC's audio. After I get that working, I'll figure out how to access the radio from a different PC on my home network, connecting to the PC that runs Power SDR and bringing in audio perhaps using RemAud. And after that, I'll figure out how to come in from a remote location via VPN. Thanks!!

Best Answer

• EA3BV
    EA3BV Member, Unconfirmed
    Answer ✓
    In the Window of VAC, VAC 1 and click enabled , then you manager the audio through sound card and speaker output became Off.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi bob... I don't have a 1500, but I did a quick search of documentation for PowerSDR. I'm not finding any reference to a PCAudio selection. There IS one in SmartSDR, but so far, I'm not seeing an equivalent in PowerSDR. Maybe I'm just missing it, but....

• bobebuyer
    bobebuyer Member
    OK I got it working, to a point. Audio and microphone work on my shack PC, which is great. And using Windows 10 Pro and making my PC a server, I can get remote access to PowerSDR visually, with mouse control. I installed RemAud to make it possible to remote the input and output audio, and I have yet to figure out how to configure that. However I'm making progress!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.