Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master 6000 v0.10.8 is now available

K1DBO
K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Slice Master development has been pretty slow over the past couple of years. I find it hard to believe it's been that long. The latest version includes support for js8call and a handful of bug fixes.

The README can be found at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 and the latest zip file at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

Feel free to let me know what I missed.

--Don

3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Don, I just tested the new release. And still no spots showing if the frequency is >10 MHz. Was hoping you had found what is causing the problem. Oh well I'll wait for 0.10.9 :D

Anyone else missing spots from CW skimmer to show up on SSDR if the frequency is greater than 10 MHz?

/Lasse

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Hi Lasse,

I must be missing something somewhere. I'm currently running CW Skimmer on both 20m and 15m and both are generating spots on the panafall.

I hope that anyone else seeing the same bad behavior as you will mention it. If I can reproduce the problem, I'm sure I can fix it.

--Don

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Hi Don,

if you recall we did excange e-mails last year, and I showed how spots from CW skimmer did show if the frequency was 9.999 MHz (or lower) but never reached SSDR if it was 10 MHz or higher.

Tested today and spots from other sources aggregated by your s/w shows, it's just skimmer over 10 MHz that never shows.

/Lasse SM5GLC

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Lasse,

I do remember the email exchange and never doubted the validity of your issue. I was simply unable to reproduce the problem on this end... until today.

I changed my call sign to a fake that was 6 characters long. This caused CW Skimmer to leave a space out of the spot data. That missing space was the root cause of the issue. I suspect this defect has existed since day one. I'm a bit surprised it wasnt more widely reported.

You dont have to wait for v0.10.9, I've just uploaded v0.10.8a for your enjoyment.

--Don

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Thanks for a great utility and excellent support Don!

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Don,

Wow! Thanks for fixing it!

I will test ASAP, but right now all bands over 7MHz are wiped out, have to wait until morning :)

BTW, don't forget to add this to the bug-fixed list :)

Lasse SM5GLC

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Quick update... I confirm spots do show on all bands (up to 28 MHz) tested right now!

Was a bit worried as I read some comments on github.

Once again, thanks for sorting this out.

Lasse SM5GLC

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Lasse,

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.