Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Icom PW-1 remote control

Options

I know ddutil will control the PW-1 but requires a computer at the remote site. I have a 6300 and the usb to serial cable. The goal is to have the radio and PW-1 at a remote site connecting only to the remote wi fi. The flex sends bcd data via the usb cable and the cable is recognized by the flex radio. At this point I am stuck with very limited knowledge.

If anyone knows how to get the data from the flex civ plug I would appreciate it. The PW-1 also has a din plug with band change voltage input. From 0 to 8 volts.

Anybody done this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@VA3MRJ

This is a bit of a challenge for PW-1 Users. A few have tried to build interfaces but with limited success as the Icom CI-V format is a bit kludgy at times.

According to the documentation, this device from RemoteQTH will take our band data and convert it to CI-V format. I have used their equipment before and it is really well made.

You will have to do a bit of configuring on your own and loading the configuration file to the band decoder. However, when you are done, it will be very reliable.

We don't have a PW-1 to test with and if configuring an Arduino is a bit scary, it isn't impossible to learn or maybe someone near you could help you out.

• Available Inputs
      • Serial ASCII
      • Icom CIV
      • Kenwood CAT (including TS-x50 with TTL inverter add-on 
      • Yaesu CAT (TRX since 2008
      • Yaesu BCD
      • Icom ACC voltage
    • Outputs
      • Remote IP Relay 
      •  need a version with TCP232 ethernet module. NEW
      • 14 Relay 
      •  (0,5A/125VAC, 1A/24VDC)
      • USB serial ASCII echo
      • Yaesu BCD (relay 11-14)
      • Icom CIV
      • Kenwood CAT

• VA3MRJ
    VA3MRJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thankyou, I will do some reading and research their device. Once again I appreciate the effort to help out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.