Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why can't I hear a clients audio when he transmits on my radio remotely

13»

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

John - Obviously the owner is the transmitter can't control what a remote user might say, but I wonder if the FCC would view this situation like they do a Trustee of a repeater? There are FCC rules that require a repeater trustee shut down repeater within a short period of time (3 minutes I think?) if illegal activities are taking place on the repeater. Would the owner of a Flex rig, being operated remotely, have that same responsibility?

Just my opinion but if I were allowing someone to operate my Flex transceiver remotely, my station would be creating the environment to where the transmissions ares taking place, so my license would probably be on the line. Even if SmartSDR doesn't have the capability to monitor remote user audio, if it were me I'd figure a way to monitor the situation so I could take action if necessary.

KF4HR

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@WX7Y As I understand your statement. I disagree. Who would allow a Technician to log into his equipment? If you are operating a station remotely. You are the control operator. The owner of the equipment need not be present. The owner is merely in charge of the logins.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Exactly what I said sorry it confused you.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@WX7Y Sorry Bret. I'm easily confused.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@John WA7UAR Hi John, back to the original thread... I just verified that MON is a global value. In a MultiFlex situation, changing MON (on or off, level) on one GUI client changes it on the other GUI client. This is unfortunate. It would be nice if it was individually settable per client. Then it would be an easy matter of writing a utility that could turn MON on and off based on your local transmit status.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. My rig was in Austin for repairs, then I managed to catch Covid (wasn't seriously ill, just felt miserable for a couple of weeks).

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update Len - @KD0RC - Yup... having MON as a global setting makes it more difficult to share. Not impossible of course... just not as flexible ;-) as it could be perhaps. But I still have hope for a future update that focuses on the UX... User eXperience. Best wishes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.