Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AF gain changes without operator input to Flex 6600M

Occasionally I have witnessed the audio gain change (volume) all by itself without my input to the front panel knobs. Sometimes I will have the audio gain turned down to Zero and all of a sudden the gain will rise to 50 or 60 without me touching the radio.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Comments

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Hi Geoff

Yes I had the exact same issue on my 6600m too, it went back to flex after raising a helpdesk ticket and dealing with Tim but after a week on the bench nothing was found so it was returned to me. It's not happened since so putting it down as a one off. No RF was present, it was just sat idle.

Rich

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Hi Geoff.

Yes I also had some trouble in the past. See my discussion subject: AGCC, VOLUME, and BW SELECT CONTROLS BEHAVING ODDLY. (type it in the search box above).

The problem has gone away, coincidentally not happening after I installed galvanic isolation of the LAN cable (I use Smart SDR for Mac and Smart Control.). I am not suggesting this is the answer by a long chalk. I raised a ticket and a very helpful Tim at Flex worked with me for a couple of weeks trying out all sorts of tests, but it was inconclusive. At times it appeared to me that the particular controls on the 6600M were HIGHLY sensitive and proximity of my hand or the faintest touch would seem to change the values. This may have been just my imagination running riot. Anyway, all is at peace now, but I always have the issue at the back of my mind.

By the way, when it first happened, the volume shot up by itself when I was out of the shack and I got into trouble with the XYL “for leaving the radio on”!!!!

good luck with the problem and 73 de Mike.

• Netas Ameba
    Netas Ameba Member ✭✭
    Hello

It's simpler to use this link:

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8025226/agct-volume-and-bw-select-controls-behaving-oddly#latest

Netas Ameba

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.