Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power readings in DIGU on PGXL not showing correctly. It that normal?

Lately, I noticed that when in DIGU mode the PGXL display shows only 1 watt out even though other physical meter show 380 watts. Is that normal or have I set something up incorrectly? When in USB mode everything looks correct.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I have not seen that on my PG XL.

What is the radio TX bandwidth set to?

• k7rfh.rich
    k7rfh.rich Member ✭✭
    3.3K on USB and 3.0K on DIGU
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

what version firmware in amp?

Does the Windows app show same low power?

What if you use the tune button? (Steady carrier).

Dave wo2x

• k7rfh.rich
    k7rfh.rich Member ✭✭
    PGXL Utility 3.6.23
    Yes, Win app shows about the same (hard to tell exactly)
    Tune button with amp on show about right power reading on both.
  • Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

ALL Meter readings are Bogus in 3.6.23 It should have never been released... Use an external Watt Meter.

• NN4X
    NN4X Member
    edited January 2022
    [ Running 3.6.23 FW ]

When I transmit a carrier on the PGXL, I'm getting 960 watts output indicated on my LP-700, and 323 watts on the PGXL Utility.

This disparity continues no matter the mode, but am using this as an example using a carrier to avoid the differences between PEP vs. Average power measurements.

I opened a ticket on this today, and hopefully everyone else experiencing similar issues will do the same.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.