Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New TGXL Utility

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭

I see on the 40A3 web site there is a new utility version 1.1.6 release. Is there any information regarding the new utility?

Don - kx9q

Answers

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Wondering the same.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I would also like to see a copy of the release notes with a listing of what was changed, fixed and any known remaining bugs.

In particular I have this question about the TUNE button function on the TGXL application. I'm currently using V1.1.1 of the app and firmware. 

TUNE BUTTON ISSUE

In my setup the PTT output is used to trigger my amp. It is not a LAN connected PGXL but a Prometheus DX2400 that requires using the TGXL PTT output. The TGXL is getting the PPT input via the LAN and the amp is getting the PTT via the PTT output port on the TGXL. This is all working fine during normal operation. However I expected that when pressing the TUNE button on the app, that the PTT output would be turned off to disable the amp.  The PTT output is not turned off and although the radio is only outputting 10 watts, the amp is still active and the output about 200 watts which triggers the HIGH POWER error. I'm curious if this is a known bug, and also whether it is addressed in the V1.1.6 update. My current workaround is to turn off the amp when using the TGXL Tune feature. 

Does anyone see the PTT OUT turn off with V1.1.1 during the TGXL TUNE function?  

BTW, it would be nice to have another display on the app showing the state of the PPT OUT port so it would be obvious that it is off when pressing TUNE.  See suggested mockup below with the NEW PTT OUT display added.  Both the PTT and PTT OUT displays would go RED during normal operation. The PTT OUT would go GREY during the TUNE function. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I updated both my TG-XL 1x3's to FW: 1.1.6. I haven't been able to find out what the upgrade changed, but the upgrading process went flawlessly. Performing the upgrade did clear the settings and memories in the TG-XL so it will need to be reconfigured, but no biggie.

KF4HR

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

When I look the Flex Radio it site does not show a v1.1.6 TGXL firmware download.

Was your update a Flex approved update and if so where did you download the firmware update file?

John K3MA

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Check out the 40A3 web site.

Don - kx9q

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

My understanding from earlier posts noted that the v1.1.6 is out of 403A ONLY. One of the issues with the v1.1.6 is that when installing the ".6" that it over writes all previous settings. I suspect FRS is hold back until there is a version that keeps the previous settings that should not be effected.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022

The FW 116 addresses the low power error during tuning It didn’t fix it entirely but made it better

Peter

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Been a while since I installed V1.1.6 but I am sure it saved the MY settings

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

1.1.1 to 1.1.6 will reset memories. Not a biggie to retrain the tuner.

Dave wo2x

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022

Why is every other Flex Radio firmware update announced, indexed, and downloaded from the Flex Radio website but not this firmware update for one product?

Seems like a poor and inconsistent process but maybe someone released it on the 4O3A site by mistake.

I doubt it would happen but what if the 4O3A firmware update somehow bricks the TGXL. Then who is going to honor the warranty? 4O3A? Flex Radio? Or you are on your own as you installed an unapproved and unofficial update not sanctioned by Flex Radio.

No comment is needed about how Flex treats its customer well and they would take care of it. Just saying it is a situation that does not make much business sense and just provides confusion to the user base.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi John,

I posted this elsewhere, but in some communications with 403A I learned that the V1.1.6 update had some minor fixes for users with radios other than Flex.

Also, going forward they will publish a change log along with the updates.

So I can understand why Flex might not add the V1.1.6 download here.

73, Al / NN4ZZ

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

When I received my TGXL six days ago it was loaded with with 1.1.6 so I did go to the 4O3A website to get the utility.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.