Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How Can I Determine the Charge Capacity of a Battery in the Maestro?

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭

I have a version 1 Maestro and am using a 10,800 MaH Mogix battery. Seems to work well, and no complaints. Lasts somewhere around 3 1/2-4 hours.

But I would like to be able to determine when I need to charge the Mogix other than seeing flakey action on the Maestro.

Is there any way to know the relative charge level of the Mogix or am I condemned to using it till it acts up, even if it is in the middle of a QSO.

Thanks!

Bill

KK4C

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

The best way forward for you would be to characterize your batteries. Charge them fully, note the time, then let them run the Maestro until the first sign of flakiness. Note the time again and you'll know.

And when the time comes to replace them, buy a model that has a charge remaining display of some kind.

Flex will sell you a spare battery compartment door if you need to modify a door to see the display.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

P.S., I would tell you what brand my batteries are, with their LED %-remaining display, but I'm presently bed-ridden and can't get there from here.

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Bob,

Thanks for responding, and I hope that whatever has you down gets better soon.

Your method is intuitive, and certainly would work.

But it seems rather like running a car till its is out of gas (or battery capacity for an EV) to determine its range.

I would have hoped for a bit more elegant solution to the problem from Flex, understanding that they don't sell the batteries and disclaim any responsibility for their function in the Maestro. Having the ability to know how long you can run on battery seems fundamental to the notion of battery power.

Hope you feel better soon!

73s

Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.