Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Router or computer?

Mike
Mike Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Networking

I have a 6600, no Maestro. It is plugged into the router. I see two ethernet connections on the computer. Should the rig be hooked into the computer instead of router? I did have a Maestro at one time and I think I plugged everything into the router at that time.

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Much better to plug the radio and the computer into a switch or router - gives you much better and more solid Internet connection and SmartLink access. If you plug in to the computer, you will need to do some bridging setup in Windows to get Internet access - and you will never have an IP address that is constant and reachable from forwarding in your router.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

I would suggest a simple switch that the radio, computer, router and other radio related devices. The reason is that it is simple to connect the switch to a inexpensive UPS. If you get a power drop the router/modem may reboot and my Comcast modem takes 1 minute or more to come back on line.

I got a GS108 switch that you just plug in and go, no setup. With the switch my latency is always 1 ms.

Bill W9JJB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.