Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT not working on a new 6400

Options
I have a new Flex 6400 and PPT does not work with either the supplied microphone or a foot switch. The microphone works fine using VOX or MOX just not with PPT. Since it does not work with a foot switch either I think it must be the radio and not the mic.
Is there a setting that turns on/off the PTT? Any ideas what to try?
Tagged:

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you checked the tx band settings? There is a setting called "PTT INHIBIT". It is just possible you have this selected, then the rig will not respond to PTT, but will respond to MOX etc.??

73 Mike G4GWH

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Since you are new, there are a few things that could help out.

• First, I would do a full reset on the radio.
    • When you push PTT, so you receive any TX Inhibit messages on SmartSDR?
    • Just for fun, can you use an Ohm meter to confirm your foot switch is working
    • Can you share a screen shot of SmartSDR?

• KW1DX
    KW1DX Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the comments:
    - In TX Band Setting none of the bands have PPT Inhibit checked
    - Completed a full reset on the radio did not fix the problem
    - No TX inhibit messages are displayed when keying the mic
    - Checked the foot switch with an Ohm meter and is properly working
    - Screen shots are attached
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I have opened a support ticket for you.

This discussion has been closed.