Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Output Power from PGXL

I just received my PGXL this afternoon. I have everything connected and it recognizes my 6400M. I switched the PGXL to operate and am hitting the CW Paddle and it seems that the amplifier is not giving me any output power. The input power is currently at 12 Watts. Is there something that I have forgot to set or do? All of the self checks come up OK. Please help!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

OK,

I found out what the problem was. I did not have Lan activated for the PTT Source. So now it keys the amplifier. But for some reason I am only getting 600 watts output with 50 watts input. Any hints on getting more output power?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

What is your SWR?

Is MEFIA off?

Peter

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Peter,

The SWR is perfectly fine. I realized that I didn't have Lan highlighted for the PTT Source. Once I did that, I had output power. Plus, I did have MEFFA on and at 50 watts input it was only giving me 700 watts output. But once I unchecked the MEFFA, I get full output at about 45 Watts input.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are powering the PGXL from 120VAC, you will only get 1/2 power out, so that seems about right for the wattage you are seeing.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Mike,

The VAC is 245. So that was not the issue. I believed that with about 45 watts input I would get full output power. But didn't realize that with the MEFFA active, that to get more output power I would need to use higher input power.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

I have been running with MEFFA on and had to follow the process to get optimal output and it has resulted in more input power for me.

I think on 40m to get 1500 out I'm running about 50 in. It various per band for me.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Make some measurements and if they aren't what you'd expect please open a support ticket so the hardware guys can review it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.