Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 not transmitting ssb macros from N1MM

Hi, N1MM connects fine to my flex and have no trouble transmitting CW Macros. However when I transmit an ssb voice macro I see the radio go into transmit, but there is no rf power going out. I can also hear my voice macro calling cq with monitor selected. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong? thanx, stuart

Comments

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

Is VOX turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that makes a difference. https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/19858863#Comment_19858863

Tim K9WX

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Do you have DAX configured correctly? The audio output from N1MM must connect to DAX TX Audio, and DAX must be enabled on the slice on the Flex radio. You can check to see if you have audio deflection on the DAX app panel in the TX section, and adjust the level. You should also see audio activity on the Mic level meter on the Flex SmartSDR control panel.

73, Craig KØCF

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭

vox is off, dax receive and xmit is on. Let me try to clarify a little. when I push the macro button, ex. F1, I hear myself transmitting CQ over computer speakers with smart sdr "pc audio" not selected. I get a xmit light on the physical radio. Smart SDR shows a small SWR and no RF Pwr. The waterfall blanks just like a normal transmit with the current panadapter showing a transmitting wave form.

With respect to N1MM all the cw, rtty macros work fine and transmit properly. I'm sure its probably a setting in N1MM but havn't a clue.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

In N1MM Config menu, the third choice is Logger+ Audio Setup. Click on that. In the Window that opens, select the second tab at the top, Playback. The first drop down I have set for SO1V / SO2V Single Soundcard.

In the Radio 1 drop down, select DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems).

This should make it work.

73, Craig KØCF

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭

that was a big help, not there yet but a big change. Craig, I set it up exactly as you said,playback set to dax audio tx and message recoring set to dax receive 1. now the message plays silently and not not through my computer. I had never messed with that Audio Setup & monitor. However when I try to play it, it still does not send any rf power out. I Still get the transmit lite and very small swr display. No indication on panadapter now but still see blank lines during transmit on waterfall. The mox lite also lites up during transmit. again no rf power though.

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭

OK GOT IT!!!! You rock! I just had the DAX button not on this time. Setting the audio was the Key.

thank you thank you thank you!

73, stuart

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

For others, if you follow this document to the letter, it works FB.

It is for all 6000 series radios.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.