Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius on 6 meters

Options
AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭

Does anyone use the AG 8x2 on 6 meters.... mine just hates 6 and I wonder if it is this one or all of them haters on 6 meters... Very high SWR and locks up when QRO...Rig is a 6700, PGXL and TGXL into the AG 8x2... No HF no problem problem but on 6 it just does not work

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

What hardware version AG?

What antenna port? I thought Imremember reading someplace about having the higher frequency antennas on the inner ports 4 or 5 and lower frequency antennas on outer ports. I checked current manual and did not see mention but it may be worth a try to reconfigure your switch to use port 4 for 6 meters. Also there may be an issue with the relay for 6 meter port you are currently using.

Dave wo2x

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the 8X2 plus and mine reacts the same on 6M.. SWR is higher than expected when going thru the switch so I put the 6M antenna directly to the PGXL. 6M swr was higher through the AG regardless of which port was tried.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

Thats what I did too

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You can discuss this with 4O3A by using their support email address.

I think I swept all the ports on mine one day and did find it a bit higher, but not enough to affect the PGXL.

I ran the PGXL on the weekend for the 160M contest up to 2.3:1 without issue.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.