Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 Rack Mounting

Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

I have had my Flex 6600 for quite some time now, I have little issue. I am currently re-configuring my rack mount set up and noticed that the Rack Mount parts I purchased a while back are either both cut for the same side or error cut. My radio has been mounted by itself until just a minute ago and it sits at an angle due to mis-cut or same side mounting pieces. It took me a while to figure this out. I was about to adjust the actual rack mount rails then realized everything else is straight. Anyone else ever notice this. I really am disappointed right now.

Comments

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭

No, the ones shipped by Flex for our 6400 high atop a mountain at a commercial repeater site in the Rocky Mountains were perfect. We checked before we hauled them up the mountain on a steep trail for final assembly. The 6600 and 6400 rack mounts are essentially the same. I have a 6600 also...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Glenn Depp

We have sold lots and lots of rack mounts without issue. It might be possible that you got 2 left or 2 right ones. If you look closely, I think the holes for the rack are elongated and the ones for the radio are round.

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭

I am thinking about reconfiguring my equipment into a rack. Could someone please confirm the number of rack mount units the 6600M would take and do I need to leave 1U above and below like on the 6700?

Thanks,

David G4NRT/Z21NRT

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

So I did indeed have error mounts. I have received new ones in. Not cut wrong, just same sided brackets which if you look they are cut differently on top and bottom, different lengths between cut holes and edge. I am all good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.