Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using MACLoggerDX and Marcus SmartSDR question?

Background: I have SmartSDR for MAC by Marcus Version 2.015 up and running on a MAC mini M1 (Big Sur). I use MAC DXLogger for logging. The radio is a 6400.

I can click on a station in the MacLogger DX cluster window and the radio will QSY appropriately.

When using the FT8 tool I click on a station, it connects fine and I make the contact.

QUESTION when I click on a station using the FT 8 tool should the station information populate within MacLoggerDX for logging? I have to manually populate the information.

Thanks

Jim

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Jim

Yes. Make sure both the Mac Smart SDR and MLDX are set up to communicate. The default port number to use is 2237.

Here is the MacSmart SDR side. Go the "tools", logbook. Open up the logbook settings. If both applications are on the same Mac, use 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" for the IP address.

Here is the MLDX side. Go to the preferences, "station" settings.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Jim Ricker
    Jim Ricker Member ✭✭

Alan

Thank you so much This did the trick!!!