Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 TX audio in monitor mode

can anyone tell me if the Flex-6700 headphones in monitor on mode samples the TX audio before or after the EQ ?

Jim N8DOD

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jim, I am not sure where in the chain the monitor is, so I can't directly answer your question.

If you go to YouTube and search for NM9P, you will find some awesome videos on how to use Full Duplex to accurately monitor your transmitted signal. Then you aren't worried about any added or subtracted audio artifacts from the monitor. Ken also gives some good insights on adjusting your TX audio.

Depending on how you operate and what your goals are, you can use Ken's technique to match your needs (DX punch, ragchew, ESSB, etc).

• James Teeple
    James Teeple Member ✭✭

Thank you

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The MONitor is before the EQ Chain. If you want to listen to your TX audio, the best way to do it is with the FDX (full duplex) feature of the radio.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

After any processing…..

• James Teeple
    James Teeple Member ✭✭

well that is three answers :

1. I am not sure where in the chain the monitor is

2 The MONitor is before the EQ Chain.

3 After any processing…..

Thanks for the help

Jim N8DOD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I answered it above.

The monitor is before the EQ chain. This means you cannot hear any EQ changes using Monitor and you must use FDX mode.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

This is easy to determine/demonstrate. Listen to the monitor feed, make extreme adjustments to the eq. If the changes are heard, the mon audio is after the eq, if not it is before, the same as the level indication.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.