Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M randomly restarting

Options
My Flex-6600M is restarting frequently, regardless of if it's in TX or RX. It just suddenly says "Shutting down" and restarts. It has happened less frequently earlier but now it can be once in an hour or even every 10 minutes or so. About half the time after the restart the front panel won't come on, although the radio is on and the connection from PC works. I would have to restart it manually to make the front panel work again. Sometimes the radio will go through a sequence of two or three restarts before it stays on.

I've tried to eliminate all the external factors by replacing power supply, disconnecting the LAN cable etc but nothing seems to work. I've also done the factory reset a few times, no luck so far.

Any ideas anyone?

73, Toivo, ES2RR :-( :-( :-(

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Toivo, you did the things that I would think to try. Are you using the same power cable with the new power supply?

If that is not it, then I would submit a helpdesk ticket.

• Toivo, ES2RR
    Toivo, ES2RR Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Len! I used a different cable with the other power supply. I guess I will need to submit a ticket.

73, Toivo, ES2RR
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, please submit a support ticket.

• Toivo, ES2RR
    Toivo, ES2RR Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

I've created a ticket and got some good hints from Tim, one of which led me to check another external component that I had overlooked. I use a 12V relay on the REMOTE ON input for switching on and shutting down the radio remotely. The relay is fed from a cheap 12V adaptor connected to a NETIO LAN power ****. My random restarts suspiciously resembled the normal shutdown procedure, i.e. the power button did not blink red or anything. I removed the relay and replaced it with a shorted RCA-cable instead. The radio has been on now for almost two days, not a single restart. So, most likely there is nothing wrong with the radio and the issue was with the cheap relay or the **** 12V adaptor. I will keep monitoring and will report if there's something else but for now all seems to be fine. What a relief! :-)

73, Toivo, ES2RR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.