Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

100w through PGXL

Is it ok to run 100w through the PGXL when it is in Standby-mode?

73 de Adde SM0SHG

Best Answer

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Standby mode is basically a bypass input to the output there is no problem running 100 watts. This is true of most any power amps in standby mode. You can even use your built in tuner, when in amp standby, if you have one, to tune the antenna. Basically other then some switches (relays) it is like a piece of wire. Most likely the SWR and output monitoring is still done, also.

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

I do it all the time. I'm not the official responder on this but I've seen no ill results.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I see no problem if there was, it would show up in BOLD print in the getting started manual, But I to am not the official responder.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.