Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl LED indicators

WØYVA
WØYVA Member ✭✭

I'm surprised at how little info is available for using the FlexControl. I understand 'programming' the three buttons (sometimes the result is a bit of a surprise) but what is the use/meaning of the three LED indicators above the buttons? (Mode/On-Off/Toggle)? How are they used? Thanks!

Best Answers

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Patrick, yes that is clear but why even notate with the meaningless legends? I would have no issues if "Mode" "On/Off" and "Toggle" were not there. Just three little LED's to indicate which of the three buttons was depressed last.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The legends were meaningful in the older PowerSdr software used with the previous (pre-6000) hardware. Here is a link for reference

https://edge.flexradio.com/www/uploads/20200818185010/FlexControl-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

Al / NN4ZZ

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just FYI -- Here is how I labeled my FlexControls since the legends don't relate in SSDR. I use 2 of knobs, one is controlled by SDR-Bridge and the other by SSDR. The top labels are for the buttons, the lower labels are for the knob push button.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

Answers

• Alan WA4SCA
    Alan WA4SCA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021

They are the somewhat(!) cryptic indicators of what you have selected with various knob pushes:

The lights on the FlexControl indicate the status of the knob and which of the possible states it is in. These lights correspond to the blue outline around the active setting in the FlexControl Settings panel. The lights are labeled from left to right, “Mode”, “On/Off”, and “Toggle”.

"Mode" indicates whether the upper row (light on) or lower row (light off) is selected in the knob settings.

"On/Off" indicates the left column (light on) or center column (light off) is selected in the knob settings.

"Toggle" indicates the state of the function toggled with the Double Click of the knob center button.

I found it helpful to open the FlexControl window in PSDR, and then watch the blue outline of the active mode move around with different clicks, and compare it with the lights.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

There is a complete description and instructions for the Flex Control in the SmartSDR Software User Guide, available for download from the FlexRadio website. See section 16, pages 55-57.

73, Craig KØCF

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

It means you have selected that button, with the commands that you selected ie. Master volume or frequency tune. All of witch is set in the Flex control menus in settings.

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

Thanks, I'm aware of this info. I challenge 'complete.' It does not explain the relationship between legends and buttons.

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

Alan, tnx response but I must be dense - still don't understand the relationship between the legends and buttons. So far as I can tell regardless of how I 'set' the three functions the legends illuminating only depends on what AUX button is depressed. "Mode" "ON/OFF" and "TOGGLE" have no meaning in relation to what function is assigned to the button. I simply do not understand your description of the three legends. I guess I agree with 'cryptic.' HI

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

That's interesting; thanks! 73

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

This makes some sense now. I wonder why the changes to make the FlexControl less functional? Too bad. In its current configuration the LED 'legends' are meaningless.

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

Now THAT makes sense!! 73, Bob

It is a shame this device is not better supported via

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.