Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Touchstone CM8200A with EERO

I have deleted and reset port forwarding half dozen times and still it doesn't work! Any idea's appreciated! 73, John WR8D

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

I have a CM8100 with Eero Pro 2 mesh.

Here’s the guide from Flex

https://edge.flexradio.com/www/uploads/20200818184955/SmartLink-Quick-Start-Guide-for-SmartSDR.pdf

i needed to do a DHCP reservation for the radio first, then do port forwarding for that reservation. In the zero I set port 22000 internal TCP to 4994 external TCP. I then in the EEro under same reservation do internal UDP port 21000 to external UDP 4993.

In SmartLink setup I set manual port forwarding. TCP to 22000 and UDP to 21000.

Now big thing is check your WAN IP in the router. If it starts with 10. , 192.168., or 172.16 then your ISP is doing carrier grade NAT meaning they are using one IP for many customers. They would have to do port forwarding on their end to your WAN IP.

Dave wo2x

• John Blackburn
    John Blackburn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Appreciate your reply Dave. I'll give my isp a call! Thanks
  • John Blackburn
    John Blackburn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've not called the isp yet Dave but just checked the wan ip and it does start with 10! Thanks again! 73
  • John Blackburn
    John Blackburn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Dave,

I appreciate all the info you've forwarded to me but my problem was with the EERO. I had my ISP enter the ports from their end as you suggested! Both ports showed active and green lights... then they discovered the device was blocking all commands from their end. They could not change the IP for me or anything else. This has been long journey for me over something that usually is simple to setup. The EERO even started forwarding both ports for a day or so then stopped. This morning a tech showed up with new gear and removed the EERO... within ten minutes both ports were up and running perfectly with a different design device. This ordeal started 12/17 and ended today 12/27. I hope others don't have the same problem with this EERO device that I have... but all I can say is I am glad it's gone! Thanks for all your help!

Happy New Year, 73 John WR8D "EERO FREE" "lol"

Answers

• Dave, I'm not an IT guy and I continue to struggle trying to get this working...can you tell me what you mean by "DHCP reservation for the radio first"...thanks in advance... The isp assured me that my wan IP isn't used by other customers!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

What are the first three octet of your WAN IP as shown in the Eero router? (IP is something like 129.45.67.118) notice it is broken into four groups of numbers. Each group is an octet. If your WAN IP starts with

then those are non-routable IPs meaning your ISP is doing double NATting and would need to do port forwarding on their end.

As far as Eero DHCP reservation and port forwarding, I would suggest you contact Eero support. Then can guide you to setting a DHCP reservation for your radio, then set up port forwarding to the radio.

That is the best answer since you are not familiar with networking.

Here’s an Eero help desk article. https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207908443-How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-

Dave wo2x

• Dave, I'm sorry I have no experience in networking. But I do already have the DHCP reservations for the port forwarding on my Fex 6400 already set up! port 21000 4994 TCP and the other one is 22000 4993 UDP... I wasn't schooled on the Eero terminology "sorry". I had my ISP set both those ports up for me and they show working... The user interface of the Eero shows both ports with green lights...The home wifi port is 4993 and is working perfectly... the Smartlink port of 4994 keeps coming up with a -1 every time I run a test! It refuses to connect and everything is verified and paid for!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.