Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audacity and Recording the Audio Snippet

Hi folks-

I'm a new 6400 owner and loving the radio. I've been researching and trying to figure out how to save the 2 minute audio from the flag snippet using Audacity with no joy.
I'm set up to record audio from SmartSDR into Audacity real-time fine, but when I hit the play button in the flag to play the snippet, Audacity just continues with the real-time audio.
Am I missing a step?

Thanks,
Scott
W0SJE

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

You can not play an Audacity recorded audio by clicking on the play arrow on your slice. You have to set audacity to DAX Audio TX, hit play on audacity and click on MOX in SSDR to play it on the air if thats what your trying to do. Also make sure TX Stream is turned on in the DAX control panel. And there is no way to save a quick recorded audio recorded with the slice recorder.

• Scott_W0SJE
    Scott_W0SJE Member ✭✭
    Thanks Larry. I didn't want to play it over the air, just save it as a .wav file.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.