Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius Utility

Having used the TGXL for some time now, I find I am relying on the TG Utility a lot since the Auto-Tune function is reluctant to try to find a match. I have two suggestions for the utility:

1) Add a SAVE button on the panel to simplify the save process once a match is found. I find when running across a band repeatedly finding a match manually and then having to select the left button to do the save, to be inconvenient. If I improperly do the save I will lose the settings I just found. Having a separate SAVE button will help ensure proper saving of the settings.

2) Speaking of settings, I also feel there should be a way to list the settings I have found. Exporting them as a CSV file would be acceptable or a simple text list would also work.

Brian, W9HLQ

Comments

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Brian - if I understand the operation of the TG-XL correctly, each push of the TUNE button on the TG-XL, or click on the TUNE buttton on the TG-XL, finds a tuning solution, and once found that solution automatically becomes one of the TG-XL non-volatile memories. I seem to remember reading the TG-XL has 10 memories per band, per antenna selection, (and 20 memories on the 160M band), although I haven't found this in the manual (yet).

Unfortunately there is currently no way to view the memorized TG-XL frequencies with the TG-XL App, but several people have suggested it. It wouldn't surprise me if 403A eventually adds this feature.

Butch, KF4HR

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You can view the memorized solution using Node Red. But then again, it requires using Node Red.

Dave wo2x

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Dave - Can you post a photo of the view of memorized frequency solutions on Node Red?

Butch KF4HR

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Butch

Below is the status output from the Tuner Genius.

I use Dave's Tuner Genius Flow, and also, after each "Tune" I store the result in a text file.

All of the TG data is in the status output, including, for each A and B side; Antenna, Frequency, C, and L.

Alan

==============

S3|status fwd=22.71 peak=22.71 max=63.00 swr=-60.0000 pttA=0 bandA=4 modeA=1 flexA=Flex6600 freqA=7074.000 bypassA=0 bypassRxA=1 antA=1 pttB=0 bandB=6 modeB=1 flexB=Flex6600 freqB=14074.000 bypassB=0 bypassRxB=1 antB=3 state=1 active=1 tuning=0 bypass=0 ag=1 relayC1=44 relayL=12 relayC2=44

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Butch

If you attempt to manually tune the tuner then yes you have to press left button of the three buttons on the tuner in order to save the settings. See Section 7.3.2 Manual Tuning under "Procedure".

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.