Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API Command For Multiplex PTT Client Selection

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I cannot find and need help for the API command to select the Local PTT Client.

Alan. WA9WUD

Tagged:

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

I think what you're looking for is in the SmartSDR v3.x Migration Guide. If not, let me know specifically what you're wanting to do and I'll see what I can do to help. You can also reach out via email to devhelp@flexradio.com for things like this. Best wishes and Happy Holidays.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Thanks for posting this Eric, I really appreciate it. I think the API Wiki is getting a bit out of date, and this fills in the holes for the client commands.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Erik

I want to command the "local_ptt" to change. Same as shown in my original message, Smart SDR above, when you push the "enable" button.

I found this in the Flex.Lib, but it does not work, when sent from my Non-GUI Client:

I also tried Wire Shark from my Smart SDR GUI Client, but, no command is seen on WireShark, but I do see the GUI status change response:

Alan. WA9WUD

• KD0RC

Hi Alan, did you bind your non-GUI client to a GUI client first? I am guessing that you did, but thought I would ask, just in case ...

I wonder if you need to specify the client id or client handle in the command. Unfortunately, I can't experiment with it at the moment, or I would try some things out.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Len

Thanks for checking. I also had to check myself...and yes, the Non-GUI Client was bound to the GUI Client.

Although....when you want to move the PTT client, using the GUI Client, you go to settings>multiplex, and if the GUI Client is not the PTT_Client, the "Enable" button is shown. Clicking on the button moves the PTT_Client to that GUI Client. Otherwise, if the GUI Client is already the PTT_Client, the "Enable" button is not shown. So....this indicates to me, that normal non-GUI binding to a GUI Client", may not be how this ("client set local ptt=0/1") is done.

Alan

• KD0RC

Interesting... It may be that this command is only intended for a GUI client to execute. I wonder if (contrary to the documentation), use of a Client_Id in the command will have the desired effect. A long shot, I know, but maybe worth the time to try.

If that is not it, Eric's offer to help may be the way to go.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Erik and others.

I want to add a button to my Node-Red dashboard, to change the "Local PTT Client".

Both the Flex.lib and the Multiplex Transition guide point to using this command to change the Client PTT:

"client set local_ptt=<0/1>"

However, after I bind the Non-GUI Client to a GUI-Client (not sure this is necessary), when I send the above local_ptt, command from the Non-GUI Client, I get the following command response:

"Invalid command for this client type (SSL vs TCP or GUI vs NON-GUI)"

Also, strange, as I mentioned earlier, when I WireSharked the TCP packets, from my Smart SDR (GUI Client) to the Flex Server, when I pushed the "Enable Button" on the "settings>multiplex" panel, I do not see any TCP commands, but do see the TCP Flex Response? (See Screenshots, below, for the button I pushed and Wire Shark TCP follow).

Help, there must be more to the "client set local_ptt=..." command then what is apparent??

Alan. WA9WUD

Wire Shark TCP Follow:

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

Did anyone ever figure this out? I am looking for the command also.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Gary

The command A,an posted above needs to be sent from the GUI client. Node Red for example is bound to a client and cannot send the command to the radio. It needs to originate from the Actual client (Maestro, PC running SmartSDR, etc).

Dave wo2x

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense, though unfortunate.

Gary

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Maybe someone from Flex can chime in if there is either a way or maybe in a future API update.

I guess the reason is to ensure no one can “hijack” your client. Just a guess.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.