Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Waterfall & Pan Display but everything else OK on brand new HP Win10 LT

2»

Answers

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

I upgraded the GPU with the BETA version on the Intel support site. I don't like using beta S/W but I broke down and glad I did. Everything is working now.

Robby/HP3SS

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

That's great news, I plan on giving it a try later this week. Thanks for the report.

Ted WR4T

• n4osj
    n4osj Member
    I downloaded the Intel XE driver 30.0.100.9667 off the Intel site [latest Beta version], made the regedit change, re-booted and everything is working as it should. 73, Greg/n4osj
  • g0mfr
    g0mfr Member ✭✭
    Exact same problem with my new i7 laptop.
    The registry fix has solved it for now.
    I'll keep an on the intelbeta fix going 'live' - glad to hear the beta fix looks good.
    73 all and thanks for the reg fix!
    Gareth G0MFR
  • nareshksehgal
    nareshksehgal Member, Unconfirmed
    Ted, you are a lifesaver as I needed to do demo for someone of a capability and have been trying to fix a similar problem with HP Gen 11 laptop with Intel IRIS xe graphics. The beta driver link you gave works awesome.

thanks a lot,

Naresh
  • Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

Intel has posted a new graphics driver today to replace the BETA version from June 8th.

I have installed it and it seems OK. I had some issues with the install due to windows defender deciding that the exe was a dangerous file. So I installed the zip version, unzipped it and did the install.

SSDR is running without problems. I can't test it with games as I don't have any.

This driver corrects bugs in the original and pertains to graphics for intel 11th generation processors.

You should check the release notes and ensure your processor version is on the list. Find it in settings/system/about.

Robby/HP3SS

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

To follow up on this, I have also switched from the Beta to the Production IRIS Xe driver and everything is working as it should, problem resolved. As of the time of this post, HP (in my case) has not released an OEM specific driver with this fix yet, so you have to use the IRIS Xe drivers made available directly from the Intel web site. I assume the other OEMs, Dell, Acer, etc are similarly behind with their driver updates.

Ted WR4T

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

I sure am glad U guys posted this Topic.

The latest Windows updates solved my display problem as well.

Ian

KM4CQG

• David DeVos (KF8QL)

Nov 28, 2021, 5:17 PM CST

Tonight I updated the Intel iRisXe graphics chip software 30.0.101.1069 from the Intel site, and it appears to have fixed the problem. I'll be testing it more to make sure it is rock solid.

David DeVos (KF8QL)

Nov 28, 2021, 4:28 PM CST

The new Lenovo has a Core I7 11th gen, and the Intel IRISx graphics chip. SmartSDR 2.7.6 starts normally, and I can hear audio, and transmit, but the spectrum display and waterfall are frozen. If I drag the display up from my laptop screen to my external HDMI monitor, it seems to update one frame, and then freezes again.

When I run SmartSDR 2.7.6 with my older Dell i7 10th gen, Nivida laptop, using the same 6500, everything works normally.
  • Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

There is a ton of information on these problems with the I7 11th gen.

Try a search. Intel have finally fixed it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.