Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Streamdeck with 6400

Ok, someone convince me to get a streamdeck for my 6400.

Also, convince me how easy it is to set up with something called FRStack, which I have no idea what it is!

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I have a streamdeck. I am no expert with it. Dave WO2X is! @David Decoons, wo2x

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Cy,

FRstack is a free download that assists with the management of many flex functions. The main functions that I use relate to the flex memories. For example,it memorizes and displays several most recently used frequencies on each band, but not only the frequency, but most of the parameters associated with that particular frequency, such as antenna, filters, bandwidth, and many others. I recommend installing it and experimenting with it. You’ll begin to wonder how life was before.

in addition, since frstack is already communicating with the radio, it simplifies other devices and software (like the stream deck) communications with the radio.

Another feature of Frstack is the availability of programmable hotkeys. The streamdeck is an external device with programmable buttons that can not only execute the hot key functions, but also stack several functions into one button press, greatly facilitating managing the flex.

I don’t use the streamdeck, but I do use frstack daily, and recommend you try it.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭

Can anyone comment on whether there have been any malware issues with the frstack download? I just tried to download it and Windows is quite concerned that the file sees little download activity and would prefer that I not download it. I got around that but now Windows Defender went condx red because the setup.exe is an unrecognized app. It's likely a false positive but all the same I'd rather mark time until someone can allay my fears.

73..... Frank / WA3NHK

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Some antimalware/antivirus software will have a false positive on FRStack as the latest version does not have enough downloads and so it fails the "reputation" scan. When I download a new version and Norton 360 flags it, I then submit into Norton to have them test and make an exclusion.

Dave wo2x

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭

Ktnx, Dave. I’ll proceed.

Frank / WA3NHK

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

You may also want to consider Touch Portal which is a competitor to Stream Deck. Touch Portal is a very low cost ($12.99 for life) software solution that turns your Windows or Mac pc into a flexible and very powerful control surface by using your existing iPad, iPhone or Android devices.

I have an old 10 inch iPad dedicated to Touch Portal use and configured to control my Flex 6600M using FRStack and FRLogger. It also controls software on my Windows pc. Super easy with no computer programming skills required.

https://www.touch-portal.com/

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Going back to Cy's original question in this thread "OK, someone convince me to get a streamdeck for my 6400."

I am on the fence about getting a StreamDeck. See lots of posts about how folks love them but........

It seems you can do most things that folks have buttons configured in StreamDeck with the click of a mouse in SSDR. So rather then clicking the mouse - you click the button-- what is the saving?

So the real value must be in automating actions that take multiple steps to activate. So can someone further help us decide by going into more detail about the labor saving gained with StreamDeck??

73 Paul w2eck

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

As an example, I have a button programmed (in association with Windows scripts) that will turn on DC power, wait for the radio to stabilize, then turn on the 6500. After a pause to let the radio boot, it starts SmartSDR, my KPA1500 control panel, LP-500 remote program, Antenna Genius control panel, FRStack, then starts DXLab going. So with one button push and my station is ready for operation.

I can do the same for N1MM+...

I have many, many more functions programmed into the Stream Deck that are fairly complicated to do with a mouse and SmartSDR, but take only 1 button push.

I hope this helps. I find the Stream Deck to be an indispensable part of my Flex setup.

73, Craig KØCF

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Craig - very helpful. Guess my question is what does it take to set up that one button push?

73 Paul

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You can create a multi function button. This stacks commands.

So you can have the first command turn on the DC supply.

Second command is a system delay built into the commands for Stream Deck.

Then third command turns on the relay for radio Remote On.

You can do the opposite for shutting down.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.