Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Monitoring the envelope of my SSB transmissions

Options

I am relatively new to FlexRadio and I'm enjoying all of the visual features of my 6400M for the first time. My old setup cannot compete with the "view" of the band that I now have. But, one feature that I do miss is monitoring the envelope of my SSB transmissions on my old Kenwood scope and looking to make sure that my signal on some digital modes is "clean." Two questions: 1) Is there any feature of the FLEX-6400M that would permit me to do this? 2) If not, what are others doing to take a "look" at the signal they are transmitting? (I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious here, since I am just now getting on SSB for the first time with this new rig. And, I cannot find anything in the manual to address this issue.)

73, Joe

WA2PJI

Best Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried this:?

Go to the main menu page on your 6400M, and press for the “transmit” section. It will be headed “General”. About the third line down there is a selection box that says “show TX in waterfall” if it says Disabled, press it to say Enabled, and you will see your transmit signal on the display when you transmit. You need to take it with a pinch of salt, though, as I do not believe it actually shows any aggressive compression or processing. You may prefer to hook up an oscilloscope for that kind of detail. I actually prefer to hear my own signal using full duplex or similar trick……

There is a picture of the section you need on page 129 of 206, in the Flex user guide for 6600m and 6400m.

hope that helps a bit.

73 de Mike G4GWH

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Telepost LP-500 and LP-700 can display your envelop as well as display a Trapezoid pattern.

Answers

• Joe_WA2PJI
    Joe_WA2PJI Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you both for your comments. Indeed, "show TX in waterfall" was disabled! And, I will be checking that out to see if it will suffice. If not, I need to check out the LP-500. I want to be able to adjust my transmitter using a visual image, which is hard to beat as a diagnostic tool. Thank you, Mike and Gary; much appreciated!

Joe

WA2PJI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.