Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Panning

Hi all

Am trying to work out if there is a way to control the audio but using hot keys in FR Stack or a quick way not using the radio front screen.

Scenario is 6600M - Slice A and B on the same band/frequency and recieve antenna is either Ant1, RX Ant 1 or RX Ant 2.

I want to be able to switch the pan of the audio so I can have different options e.g.

1. Slice A = left + Slice B = right
  2. A in both
  3. B in both

I guess it would mean multiple actions e.g.

A in both would mean the pan for slice A is in the middle and volume of slice B = 0

I have looked but don't think the option is there, has anyone come up with a way to do this?

Thanks

Rich

Tagged:

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

You can do this with FRStack and a Stream Deck. FRStack provides commands in the "Rest" API to do exactly what you want. I have mine set up to to do a a 15%/85% split -- it's much easier to listen to.

73, Craig KØCF

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Hi Craig

Are you able to share how you did this? Was it using Hotkeys or do you programe it yourself?

Next buy is a streamdeck so I did wonder if this would be possible. If it can then I'll be buying one much sooner.

Rich

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Rich,

The FRStack "Rest" API is designed to interface to the Stream Deck. I am not aware of any way to do this with hot keys on your keyboard, however I haven't explored that option. The Stream Deck is my most valued Flex accessory. It is colorful, delightfully easy to program, and it makes it very easy to rearrange the keys to a pattern that pleases you. I started with the 15-key version, but quickly realized that was a mistake. I now use the 32-key version and it is great. Note that you can have virtually as many pages of commands as you desire, all called by the press of a Stream Deck button.

Here is a screen shot of the Stream Deck control panel (a Windows app) for my DXLab page. Note the blue Pan controls near the top left...

The "Band" button in the lower left, for example, calls up another page, full of band and mode buttons and a numeric keypad for direct frequency entry.

They are available on Amazon and, I am sure, other online sources.

73, Craig KØCF

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Craig, I have just ordered one from Amazon.

Is there a webpage which shows how to programme the buttons? E.g. how do you configure a button to give 85% pan etc? Assuming this is a command which you call and then assign to the button?

I looked on the FR Stack website but couldn't see anything. I don't think it would work with hotkeys as it will need multiple functions, unless Mark creates one I guess.

Rich

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

It is available via the FRStack program, under the "Help" menu, second item, "View Rest Help." I copied the whole topic from there and made a PDF of it that I can easily access at any time.

73, Craig KØCF

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Also, see this page on the Flex Community: https://tinyurl.com/5uenk775

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

I keep finding stuff...

is the source for the interface software.

Note the Stream Deck also has support for IFTTT, which opens it up for smart home control. I use this with a Meross smart outlet **** to power up the 13.8v power supply, and after a delay, the Flex remote power on input via a Digital Loggers AC operated relay. I can also power up my KPA1500 amp with another Digital Loggers relay, and control various other shack accessories.

73, Craig KØCF

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Interesting... Apparently the Community website did not like the common word for a rectangular device containing multiple electrical outlets and replaced it with ****. Ha!

73, Craig KØCF

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Craig, will have a read through.

Assume you can do more than one command from a button e.g. PAN = 50% and Volume = 0 etc?

Rich

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

You surely can! Many commands, interspersed with suitable delays where required, can be strung together. You can start programs, send text or hotkeys, etc. The list of things you can do is extensive and extensible with downloads that can be accessed right from the Stream Deck windows app. You can also generate your own icons, which I have done extensively, and apply them to the keys. I search the internet using Google to find suitable graphics to use as starting points for custom icons.

73, Craig KØCF

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Rich

The FRStack REST commands and the Stream Deck Plug In, instructions, are included in the help pulldown, "View REST Help"

Screenshot of the StreamDeck instructions, as detailed below:

Detailed Steps:

You need to install the FRSTack Custom Plug In in your Steam Deck Application. After you install FRStack and the StreamDeck application, go to the FRStack Directory and double click on the "com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" file. It will load itself.

You should then see the FRStack custom REST plugin on your list of SteamDeck Devices:

In the same FRStack Directory there is an example StreamDeck Profile. Download the file, and double click to install the example profile to your StreamDeck. You can also load profile files from within the StreamDeck Application.

This will get you started with a set of workable, Stream Deck Flex Profiles. There are a lot of You Tube videos on the StreamDeck that will help you customize your. Also, use the list of REST commands in the REST help file to build other functions not included in the example profile.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Alan,

Excellent post! You covered it all very nicely.

73, Craig KØCF

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Alan & Craig for all the info, I have it installed now waiting for the StreamDeck to arrive tomorrow.

How do you configure multiple API's from the same button?

As you would need a URL and param for each one?

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Rich,

I think that will all become obvious once you get the deck installed and start working with it. It is a drag-and-drop interface, where you drag a command from the list at the right side of the app and drop onto either a button, or its list of commands. Each of a sequence of actions (executed serially) will have its own line and parameters which are easily edited in the Stream Deck app.

As an example, I have one button programmed to completely bring my station from power off to everything operational and ready to go. That one button uses IFTTT to turn on AC mains power, turn on the Flex radio and power up my Antenna Genius (in the basement); then it starts a Windows script (written in Visual Basic for scripts) that starts SmartSDR, FRStack, the DXLab Suite, KPA1500 remote control utility, software for the LP-500 station monitor, and PstRotatorAZ. There are appropriate delays inserted in the Stream Deck commands and the script to allow each step to complete before starting the next. It puts on quite a show!

I have a fair number of similarly programmed buttons. Limited only by your imagination!

73, Craig KØCF

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

For Touch Portal users this can be programmed by using an HTTP GET action to directly call the REST API commands in FRStack. No plugins required. Also supports IFTTT.

This is probably one of the most powerful things about Flex radio. The ability to create custom control panels with no or very little programming. Fun stuff !!

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

All sorted Craig, arrived a few hours ago and have achieved what I wanted to. once you know the URL it's quite easy.

Multi actions is just super, one press to do a whole host of things. No need to use the FR Stack prog on screen now.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Rich,

Another option that might work for you is the Mix tab in Slice Master

It puts most of the slice audio controls on a single pane. Each slice also gets a 'Solo' button which when pressed mutes all other slices. You can even configure to have solo follow either the TX or active slice. More to what you are asking for though, it does not support presets for remembering different configurations. But it's an idea that I really like.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.