Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N3FJP AC Log and Flexradio 6400M

I installed N3FJP AC Log last evening. I have chosen for the Rig Interface, Flex API and the com port of 4. That takes care of Slice A. Which last evening was 40 meters. But I also have Slice B which is 20 meters. The spots are making it over to my Waterfall for both Slices. I know that there has to be a way that one can push a button and have N3FJP read the B Slice. Does anyone know how to do this?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

HimMark

Using Flex API does not require use of a com port. AC Log tracks the active TX slice, so if you switch TX from slice A to B it will then track and log slice B’s info.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You have to be careful - it logs the Active Slice frequency, not necessarily the TX frequency. You can see this by having two slices open, then clicking one or the other and watch the logged frequency change in ACLog. You can select the slice when you see the little "hand" cursor as you hover over the frequency line or blue filter line of the slice.

Spots are frequency dependent, not slice dependent. If you have two panadapters open, spots for the shown panadapters will show, regardless of any open slices. If the two pans overlap in frequency coverage, you will see the spots on both pans. If the panadapters are open on different bands, you will see spots for both bands.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Guys, I have Slice A on 40 CW. Slice B is 20 CW. Slice A has the TX at Red, Slice B does not. And AC Log is showing me the frequency of Slice B. Even though that is not my Active Transmit Slice. I still feel that the COM PORTS play a factor in this.

On the COM PORT choices I have Com 1, 4, 104 5, 105, 6, 106, 7, 107, 8, 108, 9, 109.

On that screen in the bottom Left Corner there is Multi Radio Configuration. And it is for 3 radio's.

I am at this point very confused or clueless on how to get this to work. Does anyone know of any help documents giving details of how to get this to work. It seems it's more of a trial and error thing than anything.

Everything seems to work when I operate N1MM. So if I can switch between 2 slices in N1MM, why can't I do that in AC Log. Or, perhaps it doesn't have that capability?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• KD0RC

Hi Mark, there is a difference between the active slice and the TX slice. ACLog follows the active slice, not the TX slice. The active slice is the one that follows the mouse wheel for tuning.

The active slice has a yellow line coming down from a small yellow triangle on the flag, and has nothing to do with the TX indicator.

To change the active slice, you need to click on the blue filter line of the slice that you want to be active, and therefore to be shown in ACLog.

When using ACLog connected to the Flex API, the com port has absolutely no effect.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Len,

I assume I would have to have SmartSDR open and running. Currently the only Programs I have operating with my Flex is the COM Ports and DAX. I assume that DAX has no bearing whatsoever with AC Log being able to work. I do not have SmartSDR running on my computer.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• KD0RC

Oh, sorry, I was assuming SmartSDR. To change the active slice, touch the filter line on the screen of the inactive slice. Look in section 11.3 of the Maestro manual for a full description of how to do this.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

A Slice Receiver consists of a center Carrier Frequency displayed by a solid yellow or red vertical bar. A yellow bar indicates the Slice is “Active,” indicating that this is the Slice that you are currently manipulating.

Moving the A or B Tuning knob makes the corresponding Slice Receiver active. Tapping a Slice Receiver’s receive filter display makes that Slice active. When a new Slice Receiver is selected as the Active Slice, the old Active Slice will become inactive and its carrier line will change to red. There can only be one Slice active at a time.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

OK, I finally got it to work. I have Flex API and yes, it doesn't matter what Com Port you choose. It more or less has no effect at all. When I am in the entry screen of AC Log, and I turn the dial for Slice A, the frequency changes to that in AC Log. And also if I move the dial for the B Slice, the frequency in AC Log changes to that. I think I made this a lot harder than it really needed to be. I guess as I get older I get more frustrated with software at times.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• KD0RC

Glad you got it working!

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Now, comes my next question. If I want to transmit CW. What would be the settings I would need to do to have it work? I have a COM File that I created for when I operate N1MM, but it seems when I activate that it really slows things down. Evidently AC Log and my COM File do not react well together.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

Set up a Winkeyer emulator port in CAT.

Then configure the "Settings > Transmit tab in ACLog to use the Winkeyer at the port you just set up.

Then you must select "OPEN" in order to connect with it.

You will then be able to send CW Memories that you have programmed into ACLog by using the Function Keys -- IF AC Log has the "Focus" of the Windows desktop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.