Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio mute during SO2R using N1MM with my 6600M

When I switch from slice A to B or B to A using the back slash \ or activating TX from N1MM digital window causes the gray speaker (blocked audio) to pop up on the opposite slice during RTTY SO2R.

This prevents hearing the other band slice - which I need to do during effective SO2R.

FDX and binaural audio is ON.

Suggestions please.

Answers

• Jim S
    Jim S Member ✭✭
    It looks like I just asked the same question. Did you ever get a fix or work around for this?

Jim K6JS
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭

I haven't done SO2R with my 6600 in some time.

I do recall having to toggle the tilde key (the key to the left of the 1 key) to toggle the sound while in N1MM.

Rich - N5ZC

• Mike_N1EN
    Mike_N1EN Member ✭✭
    Technically the stereo toggle is the back-accent key (unshifted tilde on US QWERTY keyboards).

The 6600 defaults to only passing audio from one slice in SO2R mode. The back-accent key switches between that and passing audio from two slices, one in each ear.
  • w5ap
    w5ap Member ✭✭

When I switch from slice A to B or B to A using the back slash \ or activating TX from N1MM digital window causes the gray speaker (blocked audio) to pop up on the opposite slice during RTTY SO2R.

This prevents hearing the other band slice - which I need to do during effective SO2R.

FDX and binaural audio is ON.

Suggestions please.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Make sure you follow the SO2R setup instructions to the letter and make sure you setup OTRSP correctly with N1MM. This is for all 6000 series radios.

Next, review the SO2R/OTRSP operating keys on the N1MM website.

https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/flex-6700-so2r-configuration-n1mm/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.