Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no compression meter activity?

Must be 'pilot error', but it's been a long time since I've seen the compression meter working.

v3.2.39 SW

MIC input with no bias (dynamic) and +20 dB gain

FM or SSB mode

PROC on

MON on

DX+

DAX off (of course)

mic gain anywhere from 60 to maxed out (clipping indication is easy to achieve)

Once upon a time I know I could get compression meter to kick in, but not anymore.

Ideas?

Tim AD7TS

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Tim:

You have changed the TX equalizer. The equalizer settings affect the TX gain in the voice modes. Go to the TX equalizer and bump the settings up about 2 dB then look at the compression, if none bump them up some more.

When I got my Flex I was running the TX equalizer around zero and below. My friends told me that my 60 year old S-Line had more talk power. I reset the TX EQ up to above zero, I then Igot compression readings and everyone like the signal.

Hope this helps

Gayle K0FLY PS: I dont like a lot of compression but a little is OK to get the talk power up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.