Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R PTT handling

Hi everyone,

I have a flex 6700, with two sets of external BPFs, an SO2R antenna switch and two amplifiers. I have SO2R working just fine without the amps. I can TX on one slice whilst listening to a different band on the second. When I add the amps, one keyed by the TX1 RCA and the other by the TX2 RCA, transmitting on band A mutes band B as both amplifiers are put into TX.

I know that I can dedicate the TX RCAs to specific bands, but I wanted to get full flexibility to operate any band on either slice. SO2R mashes my brain so much that I dont want to have any more thinking to do :)

So, how do I tell smartsdr to use TX1 RCA for Slice A and TX2 RCA for slice B? This must be out there, but I cant find it!

Steve, M0BPQ

Best Answers

• Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓

Hi Steve,

Yes you can :-)

It is not well explained anywhere in the Flex documentation available unfortunately, but you can use as a base the document: https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/flex-6700-so2r-configuration-n1mm/

The way I do it is creating 2 TX profiles. I assign TX profile "SO2R TX1" to Slice A and then I click on RCA TX1 on all bands, then save TX profile. Then I open a new panadapter with slice B and I assign TX profile "SO2R TX2" and then I click on RCA TX2 on all bands, then save TX profile.

No need for anything else.

The issue here is that each time you change band in any of the slices-panadapters, the antenna selection is not saved so it´s a bit frustrating. Fortunately, when using the Flex in SO2R together with N1MM+, if you switch bands from N1MM+ using OTRSP, the antenna selection remains!

It would be nice if Flex could correct this in future releases, leaving antenna selection unchanged when using SO2R profiles, for daily use without N1MM...

73! Jon

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Jon's answer is soooo much better than mine, that I deleted mine. I totally blanked on doing that.

Thanks Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.