Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL Why no auto tune after I find a good match?

Options

I am a new owner and I find on 40 meters with a dipole I can use the Tuner Utility and find a good match and save it. However, if I use the Tune button to tune, the TGXL responds with a High SWR 10 error message. The tuning settings are lost and set to Zero. Why can't the tuner use what I found manually and continue to find a match on nearby frequencies? It seems the tuning logic is not very persistent, it gives up too soon. In my mind, the TGXL is not a fully automatic tuner.

Thanks for replies, Brian, W9HLQ

Answers

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. On 12 and 17 meters, I can't get the auto tune to work. If I use the manual tune via the tuner utiltiy, I can tune both bands but auto tune will get them out of whack again. I used to be able to tune both bands via auto tune but I had to send my TG back to flex and when it came back, it had a different firmware installed. I wish I could put the old firmware back on.

I spoke to Flex about it via helpdesk ticket and they told me they weren't activily working on the firmeware and to contact 4O3A and sent me a link. I emailed 4O3A a couple months ago about the proplem and never got a response.

Burch

K4QXX

• Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    Options

"I spoke to Flex about it via helpdesk ticket and they told me they weren't activily working on the firmeware and to contact 4O3A and sent me a link. I emailed 4O3A a couple months ago about the proplem and never got a response."

Burch,

Please forward me the email you sent to 4O3A to my dan@flexradio.com address. I'll follow up with them.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

Dan, I just sent you an email.

Burch

K4QXX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.